Who we are
Our website address is: lesleyhomeopath.co.uk
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
When registering on our site, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you make a purchase, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer site features.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products.
- To follow up with them after correspondence (email or phone inquiries).
How do we protect your information?
We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
An external PCI compliant payment gateway handles all CC transactions.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order, enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
We use strong passwords in our admin areas to ensure the security of our databases and user accounts. Access to the databases is only granted to the website administrators.
We use unique strong passwords on all admin and manager accounts and force the use of strong passwords on all user accounts.
Our hosts employ the following security measures to ensure the safety of lesleyhomeopath.co.ukand all their website users:
- Malware Scan
- SSL encryption tools
- Firewall security
- IP Blocking
- Hotlink protection
We use the WordPress security plugin that employs the following security measures to protect the website and the user’s data:
- Ban bad users
- Block specific IP addresses and user agents from accessing the site
- 404 Detection
- Database Backups
- File Change Detection
- Rename ‘admin’ account
- Change ID on user with ID 1
- Force SSL for any post, page, or admin page
- Turn off file editing in WordPress admin
- Local brute force protection
- Network brute force protection
- XML-RPC brute force protection
- Strong Password Enforcement
- File Permission Check
- Malware Scan
- Reduce Comment Spam
Data breach procedures
In the event of a data breach, the website will be taken offline until resolved. All admin level passwords will be changed and the host’s security support team will be notified. All users with personal data stored in lesleyhomeopath.co.uk databases will be notified of the breach via email.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email
- Within 7 business days
We will notify the users via in-site notification
- Within 7 business days
Individual Redress Principle
We agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since every browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies
If users disable cookies in their browser:
If you turn cookies off it will turn off some of the features of the site.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep personal data for the following amount of time before deleting it:
- Emails: 3 years
- Product Comments: Within 2 years of the products ceased production
- Google Analytics: 2 years
Contact form emails
All user emails sent to lesleyhomeopath.co.uk sent using the contact form on the website or from an email client that are 3 years or older will be deleted from the website manager’s webmail and email client annually during the month of January.
Comment form submissions will hold and display the commenter’s full name, email and comment data. Users must tick a box to consent for their private information to be used when making any comment on lesleyhomeopath.co.uk.
All comment form submissions on products approved by moderators will be visible to the public and kept as long as the product is being sold. If the product goes out of production, all comments related to that product will be deleted within 2 years of the date of ceased production.
We have implemented the following:
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
We use Google Analytics to track and report on traffic to our website. This stores data on where visitors come from (referrers), how long they stayed on our website and their geographical position. We have configured Google Analytics to automatically delete all user-level and event-level data stored every 26 months.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt-Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on.
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honour Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioural tracking?
It’s also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioural tracking.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a US law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honour opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
Last Edited on 04-03-2021